Monday, April 22, 2013

The one with the trip to Groningen

Yesterday I went to Groningen with my mom, our destination was the Groninger Museum. I forgot the duration of the trip: 2,5 to get there and 2,5 to get back home. I was very happy with my fully charged iPod and a good book. Before visiting the museum, we took a little walk around the city and were very pleased to find a flea market at the town square. I found some great things, but unfortunately, the prices weren't very flea market-y, so they stayed in Groningen. 
At the museum is currently an exhibition named Nordic Art, which is an overview of 19th and 20th century paintings from Northern Europe. My favourites were the paintings by Albert Edelfelt and Vilhelm Hammershoi. Besides this exhibition, the Museum has it's own collection, consisting of photography by Dutch photographer Anton Corbijn and duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. Next up at the museum, from the end of may on, will be an exhibition co-curated by Ai Weiwei. I hope the time it takes to get to the museum will be forgotten soon, so I want to go there again for this upcoming exhibition. 

to the left
the Groninger Museum
Nordic Art
Bono, photographed by Anton Corbijn
what we found at the flea market
at the train station, before our long, long journey back home



2 comments:

  1. Very nice share! I hate going to an out of town flea market only to find that it is not true to the whole flea market concept. More luck on your next trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you and your mom had fun! The design of the museum looks absolutely amazing -what a great building!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments