Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The one with the button brooch DIY

 
 
Lots of people think of brooches as old lady-accessories. I don't, I love them. In my opinion, brooches are awesome. Perfect to spice up a bag or to give some va-va-voom to a white tee. Oh, and don't get me started on brooches and blazers: a match made in heaven! Preferably a whole bunch of them, and the more bling, the better. And how about pinning one to a chunky chain necklace?

 
 
What you'll need
  • buttons
  • pins
  • fast drying glue
  • pliers or scissors, in case your buttons don't have flat backs


Use your pliers or a pair of scissors to remove the backs of the non-flat-back buttons, mine are made of plastic, so this was easy peasy.



Most of the time, I'm a pretty messy crafter, so I used a piece of paper to protect my workspace when I started with this part. Assemble the brooches before glueing away and see which combo works the best for you. After that, let the glueing begin!




Let the assembled buttons dry and after that, glue the pins to the backs.




What's your accessory of choice? Are you a brooch aficionado like me? Have you been doing some crafting lately? If you have a blog post with a cool project, feel free to share it in the comments section below, I'd love to read more about it! If you'd like to see some more tutorials, you can find them here, for example the sharpie plate in the last photo. 




17 comments:

  1. Buttons! I love buttons...and brooches, so this is perfect!
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project! I like them all worn together too!
    I love brooches on scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great DIY for a rainy day (wich is standard at the moment :( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrible, right? Maybe the next DIY should involve an umbrella...

      Delete
  4. I think they look cute! It's so nice to live in a time when you can wear anything you want and no one seems to think you are odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't the world be a boring place if we couldn't?

      Delete
  5. That is such a great idea. I have so many decorative buttons lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tutorial! Brooches make more of a statement than other pieces of jewelry (in my opinion). I think it is because less women wear this type of jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are lovely! such a cute idea:), I have been doing some fall crafting lately, shared some today in my post:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You probably already know that I love brooches too! Especially cute ones or kitschy ones. :)

    I'm also a messy crafter and always have to work on paper too. I haven't really been doing any crafting lately; I usually get inspired when winter traps me inside haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat een super idee, het ziet er echt mooi uit! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea and they are so pretty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments