Monday, October 21, 2013

The one with the goat's cheese salad



What you'll need (lunch for two):
  • 75 grams of lettuce
  • half a cucumber
  • 1 avocado
  • a big slice of (soft) goat's cheese
  • parmesan
  • 2 tablespoons of roasted pine nuts
  • 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons of honey



What you'll need to do:
Toss together the vegetables, the pinenuts and crumbled goat's cheese. Make a dressing of the oil and the honey, and add this too. Before serving grate the parmesan over it.


I served the salad with warm bread and kept the cheese close, for extra grating during lunch. In my opinion you can never, ever have too much cheese!



23 comments:

  1. Another really delicious salad, Marieken! I like that you added roasted pine nuts!
    have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also make it with walnuts, depends what's in my cupboard!

      Delete
  2. This looks fantastic! A lot of my favorite things in there. I wonder if I could get my boyfriend and daughter to eat it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. Cheese=goodness:D This salad looks yummy.
    Have a great week, Marieken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! And what a great idea for homemade dressing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes good, but I also like that it doesn't have lots of ingredients, I'm a bit lazy sometimes. And there are other goodies in the salad already :-)

      Delete
  5. This sounds really good! I've been pretty lazy with my cooking lately, especially lunch, but this seems pretty manageable even for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty lazy too, I love recipes that aren't really recipes, but more like throwing things together :-)

      Delete
  6. Avocado and goat cheese are my favorite with an eggs for breakfast! Those two in my menu everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that you can never have too much cheese! What a great way to liven up a salad. I also think that avocados are the best xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some recipes involving warm avocado's, but I am not quite sure if I'm ready to try those.

      Delete
  8. Lovely! It sounds healthy but not TOO healthy, if you know what I mean. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, too healthy often doesn't taste good!

      Delete
  9. I've never had anything like that. But I'm trying to eat healthier and this is certainly healthier than what I've been eating. Pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this looks scrumptious!! :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments