Monday, October 14, 2013

The one with peanutbutter and chocolate squares (that aren't squares)

You might have seen the result of this cooking adventure in a previous post (one of the ones with the things I liked). I've made this recipe by Nigella a couple of times, and changed the original recipe a bit. I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate, so I switched to amounts of those, I added a bit of honey and I stopped trying to make the perfect little squares that Nigella makes. I love how easy they are to make and that no baking is required. Oh, and they taste pretty good too!


What you´ll need for Nigella's peanutbutter and chocolate squares:

  • mini muffin liners

For the base
  • 50 grams of caster sugar
  • 200 grams of icing sugar
  • 50 grams of butter
  • 200 grams of peanutbutter (the smooth kind)
For the topping
  • 200 grams of dark chocolate
  • 100 grams of milk chocolate
  • 1 tablespoon of butter
  • 1 tablespoon of honey



What you'll need to do:
Stir the ingredients for the base together with a wooden spoon. Fill each mini muffin liner with a small ball of this mixture. Slowly melt the chocolate and stir in the honey and the butter. Top each one of the liners with a spoon of the melted chocolate mixture. Put them in the fridge and leave them there for an hour.





This is what Nigella's perfect little squares look like. I gave up
hope to ever accomplish to make them look like that.

19 comments:

  1. Actually I prefer those little balls you made! They are like praliné :)
    Good idea to increase the dark chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taste is always better than looks and I bet they taste amazing! Peanut butter and chocolate are one my favorite mixtures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sorry, none left. But I'm sure I will be making these again :-)

      Delete
  4. I like your idea of putting them in muffin cups. I'd like to see anyone try to make such perfect squares as those, haha. :) Either way, they look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried a couple of times, but the chocolate keeps breaking, even though I've used a warm knife. I'm sure it tastes the same.

      Delete
  5. they look yummy! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at "peanut butter and chocolate".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Nigella also has a recipe for peanutbutter snicker muffins, I think you'll like those too!

      Delete
  7. These look absolutely amazing! I'm definitely going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so delicious. I wish I could eat them off my screen. And I like the look of yours in the cupcake liners.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing! I like the way they look in muffin cups, too! :) Mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. squares be damned! Your little cupcake version is so adorable. Thanks for sharing...am going to be making these...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you make them, let me know how they turned out :-)

      Delete
  11. Peanut butter and chocolate = such a fantastic combo. They look so delicious. Totally need to try this recipe. Thank you, darling. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments