Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The one with Nigella's almond cake and the high tea

Last weekend was high tea-time with a couple of girlfriends. We all made something, and I opted for Nigella's 'easy almond cake'. It wasn't very difficult to make, but easy, no. The cake has marzipan in it, and it was hard work to mix it in with the rest of the ingredients. The cake isn't exactly healthy, so the workout for the upper arms was very welcome. Instead of the vanilla extract I added lemon zest. It was worth the effort, and like Nigella's other recipes, tasted very good. The other goodies are the result of my friends' cooking experiments.



'easy' almond cake
brownies with walnuts and pear
bread with guacamole and wraps with hummus
cinnamon pull apart bread
tarte tatin with patato and onion



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you must have gained some weight after that feast. At least I think I have just by looking at the photos, everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun get-together! Your cake sounds yummy and those brownies and wraps look great too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments