Monday, November 24, 2014

The one with the glitter vases DIY

I have a love for all things shiny and glittery. With the holidays getting closer, I feel like I can stuff my home with sparkly stuff, without any judgement. Back in january I made this glitter trinket dish, and had some leftover glitter. Except for shiny things, I love to make good use of my craft supplies and use up all leftovers. The vases are small treasuries acquired at a thriftshop visit. 


What you'll need
  • glitter in a small bowl
  • glue
  • a brush
  • tape
  • a large piece of paper to cover your workspace and prevent it from getting glitterfied

 

 What you'll need to do:

Tape

Cover the bottom part of the vases with glue

Dip the vases in the bowl with glitter



Let them dry, I placed them on a coin, to keep them from getting glued to the paper




Carefully remove the tape, and you're done!


Are you a big fan of everything dipped in glitter too? Any DIY projects you would like to share? Please feel free to do so in the comments below. Or maybe a Pinterest board you keep with cute tutorials? As I am slowly turning into a couch potato, I love spending time at home, watching my favourite series, reading a book, or getting crafty!

11 comments:

  1. These vases are so fun and creative, Marieken:) I love anything with glitter, although they do get everywhere...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple glitter! Looks lovely with the orange flowers :)
    I like glittery stuff for special occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! I love glitter but don't enjoy working with it since I'm a neat freak. The vibrant orange and purple are perfect marriage. Lately I have been into clay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so pretty! Holiday season and glitter go so well together:) Happy Tuesday, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I have to share this with my niece. She's been doing a lot of glitter vases and candles lately. She will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun idea. The girls would love to help as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they are gorgeous That is so clever I got two left hand so I am not that crafty but I do like hanging around reading a book or going for a walk in the hills

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really cute! And I love the trick of placing them on a coin so they don't stick to the paper!

    This past summer I got addicted to spray-painting stuff - and I love adding a sprinkle of glitter on top sometimes, because it blends with the paint and looks fun but a bit more subtle, almost like it happened by accident ;-)

    Something I really love is this thing called Ferro by Viva Decor, which is a paste that you can water down or use as-is, and it sticks like paint but it has slitter and specks of metallic material in it, depending on the color. It is so cool. Might work well for this type of project, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DIY projects never fail to amuse me. This hobby is something I want to revive. Hopefully I will when I will be able to find the time and energy.

    I love the infusion of glitters, it added more life and vibrancy to the plain and transparent vases. In my case, I love those long neck bottles or small vials or even test tubes hanging with long stem flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a beautiful addition to a sparkly season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous....and very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments