Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The one with the soldier pushpin DIY

A whole bag of toy soldiers came home with me after a trip to the thrift store last year. For only 1 euro for a ginormous bag, I couldn't leave them there. What to do with them, was something to figure out later. During a recent cleaning adventure, they were rediscovered and some of them gotten turned into pushpins. 


What you'll need:
  • toy soldiers
  • spray paint
  • pushpins
  • fast drying glue



What you'll need to do:

Spray

After letting them dry, glue

Stick

Dry

Done!




15 comments:

  1. What a fun use for these little guys!
    And a fitting post for today...it's Veteran's Day here in the US :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence! I actually made it during the seventieth birthday of Operation Market Garden over here several weeks ago.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic and fun idea, Marieken!! The other day I saw fabric with tinyl soldiers on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! What a brilliant idea and they look so awesome:) Well done, lovely. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new DIY Marieken!! The soldiers will keep you save!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, neat and pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! And this is great timing, because yesterday was Veteran's Day here in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are these! And perfect timing for Veteran's Day! I love fun crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!! And I love your round corkboard, something unusual and I plan to copy, if you will allow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FUN-Tastic! Love the quick and easy alternation and funkiness of your projects! Go Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments