Monday, October 27, 2014

The one with the golden sneakers tutorial


On a recent sunday Pinterest session, I came across an awesome pair of sneakers. They were the inspiration for this tutorial. It's a pretty easy one, without lots of supplies needed. 


What you'll need:

  • A pair of sneakers with plastic toes
  • spraypaint
  • tape
  • optional, nailpolish in the same colour as your spraypaint



What you'll need to do:
Start by taping the front part of the shoes, just so that only the plastic part of the sneakers will be coloured when you start spraying them. 


Spray them, my sneakers needed three layers to cover the white up nicely.


Let them dry well, I left the tape on overnight.


And done are your coloured-toed-sneakers. For a finishing touch I added some golden nailpolish to the tips of the laces. To make them extra fancy. 


Have you been making any cool stuff lately? If so, please feel free to share a link in the comments below. In case you're interested in more DIY inspiration, more tutorials are over here



19 comments:

  1. Love it! The gold accent makes your sneakers one of a kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I love your choice of gold. Cute accent on the laces too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your idea for alternation and personalization :) Once I painted my white snickers with a graffiti for the show and it was sold for $$$$ quite an lot :)....
    I still remember your tutorial on the how to make a jeans cuff - so clever and I done it twice lately :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious about how your graffiti sneakers looked! And the jeans too!

      Delete
  4. I love the gold! They turned out so cute. You'll have to let us know how the paint holds up through the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear sneakers often in winter, but I think I'll do an update in a couple of months :-)

      Delete
  5. Love them! What a cute idea to freshen up an old pair or brighten up a new pair. Also love the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to tape and spray! I also love the finishing touch of nail polish on the lacing tips. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Metallic colors are great, especially the gold for fall season. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a brilliant idea! I love how they turned out. Have a great day, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! The gold really jazzed them up!
    I've seen where they draw with black fabric marker and I love this look...just wish I was better at drawing...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was too, I would be afraid of messing up a pair of perfectly fine sneakers.

      Delete
  10. Really neat idea and a great way to get a unique look and jazz up a pair of hum-drum sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wat zijn ze gaaf geworden! De veters maken het echt helemaal af.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super leuk!! Ze zijn echt mooi geworden!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments