Monday, September 23, 2013

The one with the tomato and pepper soup

Fall has begun. I don't like saying goodbye to summer, and the only thing I like about fall, is that soupseason has started. Here's a recipe for tomato-pepper soup. Most recipes require to roast the pepper, and do the whole-cool down in a plastic bag-and peel thing. I've tried this once, and it was way too much work for me. I've experimented before with non-roasted peppers (I'm a bit of a lazy cook), and that works out fine too.


What you'll need (for four bowls):
  • 4 bell peppers
  • 4 big tomatoes
  • 1 cup full of cherry tomatoes
  • 1 small onions
  • half a pack of blue cheese
  • 1 litre of vegetable stock
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • olive oil, no need for the good stuff, it's just for stir frying

 

What you'll need to do: 
Chop the onion, peppers and the big tomatoes in quarters, and the cherry tomatoes in half. Get a big soup pan on the heat and fry the onion softly in olive oil. Add the peppers and do some more frying. Then, add the vegetable stock and the tomatoes. Let this cook slowly, until the peppers are soft. This took about half an hour. Remove the pan from the heat and blitz the soup with a handheld mixer, and season with salt and pepper.


 
Serve the soup with the blue cheese.





16 comments:

  1. I love soups, especially in Fall/Winter!
    Your pepper soup looks great - I've done the long version with roasting/peeling, but I like your fast version better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love tomatoes and peppers soup, this looks really nice! The next time I'll try to add the blue cheese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this looks so amazingly delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby loves tomato soup, and he loves spicy peppers. Oh, and bleu cheese too. This is the perfect soup for him! I'll have to try this. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got excited when I saw that first photo because I love the colors! Vegetables can be so pretty. And obviously, tasty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I never thought to add peppers to tomato soup!
    I'm ready for a big bowl of chili now that it's getting cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never done this before, as I've always been too lazy for the roasting. Good to know it works as well without doing so:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! Those ingredients aren't my favorites but the pictures still tempt me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. never done this before...thanks for sharing..looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, this sounds great! I love vegetable soups. And I'd rather skip the whole roasting process, too. The easier, the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I think I can smell the freshness of that soup. Next thing I'm cooking, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect for winter or just "chill" day! Tomatoes and paper are two of my favs for any cooking! Thank you for recipes...next lets do a cooking swap party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum, this looks so good! I love soup, especially soup with tomato in it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds great, except I'm like the only person in the world who doesn't like blue cheese. I have some feta, though, and I bet I could sub in! If it's soup weather this weekend, I may go for it. If I do, I'll blog about it and link back to you as my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing this delicious looking recipe! I love your colorful post too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments